I recently came across a recipe for a chocolate chip mug cookie. I didn’t just come across it, I suppose. I also made that mug-o-cookie and ate it too. Yum-o. Both gluten and dairy free, and it took less than five minutes from start to finish and was on its way to my tummy.
This is that recipe doubled, essentially. The mug cookie uses 1 egg yolk. When I doubled the recipe, instead of using 2 egg yolks to make a double cookie, I used 1 whole egg. The added egg white causes there to be more rising in the batter and makes more of a cake texture, rather than a cookie…hence why this post is for a chocolate chip cake and not cookie. If you’d like more of a cookie consistency, use two egg yolks in replace of the 1 whole egg.
You will want to use a good sized cereal bowl or jumbo mug to cook this in. It makes a great dessert to split with a loved one. Or have all for yourself if you happen to be in that kind of mood. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- You will want to use a good sized cereal bowl or jumbo mug to cook this in
- This will take about 1 minute to cook in a 1,000 watt microwave. Keep an eye while cooking and adjust time as necessary
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 Tablespoons dairy-free & gluten-free chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil until just melted. Add sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Add egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl measure flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute and check. If not cooked through, cook in 10 second increments until done.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like…